A. offer B. cook C. prepare D. afford
4. When he applied for a _______ in the office of the local newspaper， he was told to see the manager.
A. profession B. position C. career D. location
She chose an academic career. 答案 B
5. Margaret was so ________ for news of her lost child that she was almost driven mad.
A. careful B. responsible C. thirsty D. hostile
6. It is not polite to ________ when someone is making a speech at a meeting like this.
A. turn up B. cut in C. speak out D. stand by
turn up 来到，露面
cut in 打断
speak out 大声说
stand by 站到……旁边
7. The boss _______ angry when I spoke to him on the phone.
A. sounded B. looked C. grew D. talked
8. All of her living cost ________2，000 yuan each month.
A. gets to B. equals to C. arrives at D. comes at
get to 到达某地
equal： adj. be equal to sth./doing sth. 对某事有力量，勇气，能力等， 能胜任
eg. She feels equal to the task. 她认为能胜任该项工作。
He's equal to the occasion. 他能应付这一局面。
He doesn't seems equal to meeting out demance
equal： v. equal sb./ sth. (in sth.) 与某人(某事物)相同或相等
eg. He is equaled by no one in kindness. 没有人比他更善良。)
arrived at+地点状语 到达某处
comes at 达到
9. Her face is _________ to me， but I can't remember where I saw her.
A. similar B. friendly C. alike D. familiar
10. Jump in the car. There's enough ________ for you.
A. place B. seat C. room D. space
11. It wasn't an accident. He did it on ________.
A. reason B. determination C. purpose D. intention
on purpose 故意
12. You'll have to pay for the holiday in _______， I'm afraid.
A. front B. advance C. ahead D. forward
in advance 提前
ahead 在……之前，不和in 连用
13. The bookstore hasn't ordered ________ textbooks for all the students in the course.
A. enough B. plenty C. as much as D. a great deal of