1. childish, childlike
childish幼稚的。如：It was very childish of him to lose his temper over something so unimportant.
childlike孩子般天真的。如：When she won the gold medal, there was childlike smile on her face.
2. choose, pick, select, elect
3. cloth, clothing
cloth布。如：I need three yards of cloth to make a suit.
clothing衣服(总称)。如：You’d better give all the old clothing away.
4. complex, complicated
5. compose, consist, constitute
compose为常用词，常用被动语态，如用主动语态，主语应用复数形式。如：Twelve men compose a jury.(十二人组成陪审团。)
consist表一个整体由几个部分组成(只能用主动语态)。如：The United Kingdom consists of Great Britain and Northern Island.(联合王国是由大不列颠及北爱尔兰组 成。)
constitute为正式用词，与consist相反，表由哪些部分构成整体。如：Twelve months constitute a year.(一年有十二个月。)
6. bloom, blossom
bloom多指供观赏植物的开花。如：The roses are blooming.
blossom多指果树等植物的开花。如：The apple trees are blossoming.
7. borrow, lend
borrow借入。如：Can I borrow your pen for a moment?
lend把……借给。如：Can you lend me your bike?
8. bring, take
bring带来。如：Bring me some water, please.
take拿走。如：Shall I take some flowers when I go and see her?
9. calculate, compute, estimate
calculate通常指用数学方法进行比较复杂，难度较大的精确计算。如：You can’t expect a schoolboy to calculate distances in astronomy.
compute常指比较简单的运算。如：It was computed that two thirds of the students in the class passed the examination.
estimate估计，常指对数量、成本等事先进行判断或估计。如：Some farmers asked the weatherman to estimate next year’s rainfall.
10. cheat, deceive, trick
deceive表示隐瞒真相或以假相骗人。如：The boy deceived the teacher by lying.
trick哄骗，表示耍手段进行欺骗，强调在行骗时使用计策，有时也指并非出于恶意的欺骗。如：Tom cleverly tricked his mother into approval.
1. The reason () I can’t come is that I have to prepare for the coming exam.
A. for B. as C. because D. why
The reason why…. 有时why可用that代替
2. She studied hard at school when she was young,( ) contributes to her
success in her career.
A. that B. so that C. so D. which
Contributes to 为….贡献(捐献)
3. An investigation was made into the accident,( ) fifty people were killed.
A. where B. when C. in which D. for that
4. I’ve got a bottle of beer ,but I haven’t got anything( ) I can open it with.
A. that B. what C. where D. which
5. All members ( ) are admitted to the auditorium.
A. have got tickets B. that had got the tickets
C. that have got the tickets D. who have got the tickets
6. sound waves travel in the air in much the same way( ) water waves
spread on the water.
A. as B. that C. where D. in which
the same ….as….
7. Writers can accurately describe objects( ) have never seen.
A. who B. if they C. they D. that
8. It wasn’t such a good present( )he had promised me.
A. that B. as C. which D. what
Such +n.+ …as….
9. Perhaps the day will come( )people will be able to breath e clean
air in cities.
A. when B. while C. as D. since
先行词为the day ;
10. To make up an objective test, the teacher writes a series of questions,
( )has only on correct answer.
A. each of which B. come of which C. which D. what
1-5 CCBAC 6-10 ABAAA